past performances // year 2011
- 2/18/2011 (Friday) at 8 p.m. - Words and Music (WAM!) World Premiere of piano and vibraphone duo Dialogue by Ruben Naeff with percussionist Andy Meyerson. Also, the West Coast premiere of Danny Clay's piano solo Elegy. On a program of new music featuring text with other performances by Vicki Ray and Maggie Hasspacher.
- 2/27/2011 (Sunday) at 8 p.m. - Happy Time Concert with Richard Valitutto and Friends. Location: Roy O. Disney Concert Hall at CalArts. An informal recital of short piano pieces, songs, and improvisations with members of the CalArts community. Can be watched live online here.
- 3/2/2011 (Wednesday) at 7 p.m. - Webern's Konzert, Op. 24 - CalArts Orchestra Concert
- 3/3 - 3/5/2011 (Thursday - Saturday) at 8 p.m. - Lisa D. Long's MFA choreography thesis Totem. Location: The Sharon Disney Lund Theater at CalArts. Live performances of selections from William Duckworth's Time Curve Preludes to accompany the dance pieces.
- 3/9/2011 (Wednesday) at 8:30 p.m. - Piano And at REDCAT. Performance of Francis Poulenc's song cycle Tel jour, telle nuit with Argenta Walther, mezzo-soprano, to accompany 9 short films by Nick Flessa.
- 4/9/2011 (Saturday) at 8 p.m. - Schumann Piano Quintet, Op. 44 with the Formalist Quartet in the Wild Beast at CalArts.
- 5/1/2011 (Sunday) at 8 p.m. - Performance with Balinese Gamelan Burat Wangi as part of CalArts's World Music Festival in the Wild Beast at CalArts.
- 5/7/2011 (Saturday) at 8 p.m. - Performance with Javanese Gamelan Kyai Doro Dasih as part of CalArts's World Music Festival in the Wild Beast at CalArts.
- 5/15/2011 (Sunday) at 3 p.m. - Performance of two "Musical Toys" by Sofia Gubaidulina as part of the entire set performed by CalArts piano students at REDCAT.
- 5/16/2011 (Monday) at 8:30 p.m. - Performance of Gubaidulina's Meditation for harpsichord, string quartet, and doublebass with the Formalist Quartet at REDCAT
- 5/17/2011 (Tuesday) at 8:30 p.m. - Performance of Gubaidulina's piano concerto Introitus with CalArts Orchestra at REDCAT. Also on the program, other concertos by Gubaidulina: Detto II featuring Erika Duke-Kirkpatrick and Offertorium featuring Mark Menzies as well as members of wild Up
- 6/22/2011 (Wednesday) at 8 p.m. - Edison Denisov's Chorale Variations with Matt Barbier. Location: Royal/T Café, 8910 Washington Blvd, Culver City. Part of the $2 Shows New Music Series. Facebook page here.
- 7/30/2011 (Saturday) - Francis Poulenc's Sonata for Two Pianos with Melissa Alcazar. Location: Pasadena Public Library, 285 East Walnut Street, Pasadena. Part of "Il Pianoforte" benefit concert of music for two pianos.
- 8/4 - 8/7/2011 (Thursday - Saturday) - various performances with clarinetists Luis Humberto Ramos, Rocco Parisi, Guy Yehuda, Fernando José Silveira, and Maureen Hurd Hause. Part of the International Clarinet Association's annual ClarinetFest, hosted this year at CSU-Northridge. More information including performance schedules at www.clarinet.org
- 10/22/2011 (Saturday) from 11-1 p.m. - Eine kleine Spielzeugklaviermusik - Serious Music on a Funny Instrument. Location: The Getty Museum. As part of the Getty Center Family Festival, I will be performing toy piano music with Emi Tamura and Ingrid Lee. More information here.
- 10/22/2011 (Saturday) at 7 p.m. - Stravinsky's Les Noces and Antheil's Ballet Mecanique. Location: The Wild Beast Concert Hall at CalArts. Come hear these two spectacular works, both featuring a quartet of pianos - a rare treat! Part of the 2011-2012 Levitt Pavilions Wild Beast Concert Series.
- 10/23/2011 (Sunday) at 12 noon - Music for multiple pianists. Location: The Wild Beast Concert Hall at CalArts. Feldman's music for two and three pianos, Ravel's little known masterpiece for piano 5-hands, and David Rhodes's two epic duos about psychedelia.
- 10/24/2011 (Monday) at 7:30 p.m. - Gubaidulina's Lamento for tuba and piano with Luke Storm. Location: Azusa Pacific University, Munson Recital Hall. Part of a tuba showcase recital featuring several other tubists.
- 11/5/2011 (Saturday) at 8 p.m. - "The First Appearance of the Elusive Gnarwhallaby" at the wulf. Music for clarinet, trombone, cello, and piano by Marc Sabat, Edison Denisov, Henryk Gorecki, Morton Feldman, Steffen Schleiermacher, Wlodzimierz Kotonski, and Joan Franks-Williams.
- 11/18 & 11/19/2011 (Friday & Saturday) at 9 p.m. - wild Up concert "Ragtime, Player Piano, and Punk Rock". Location: Beyond Baroque. Works by Clarence Barlow, William Bolcom, Conlon Nancarrow, George Antheil, and some punk rock.
- 12/27/2011 (Tuesday) - Solo house concert. Works by Albright, Berg, Bolcom, Duckworth, Finnissy, Jarrett, and Scriabin. Location: Valitutto Home, Greensboro, NC